The School District of Thorp posts all teaching and education positions on the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Applications for teaching/education positions are processed through WECAN.
To apply to all other positions, please click on the link below to fill out a District Application.
Exercise Facilities Manager
This position requires:
1. High school diploma
2. Pass background check and be able to work well with children, teens and adults.
3. Able to safely lift 50 lbs.
4. Have a deep understanding of proper weightlifting and exercise technique and safety.
5. Ability to encourage and inspire participants.
6. Communication and conflict resolution skills.
Hours are generally 5:00-8:00 am and 5:30-8:30 pm Mon-Fri but may change as needed based on athletic teams’ needs.
Expectations and responsibilities for the Athletic Facilities Manager are:
1. Train and assist participants in proper exercise techniques and practices.
2. Monitor the activity and safety of participants.
3. Report misuse, vandalism, or irresponsible use of facility to the Athletic Director.
4. Keep an inventory of weight room equipment and machines.
5. Maintain clean and safe facilities and equipment by cleaning, sanitizing and inspecting equipment, machines, facilities and the exercise areas.
6. Report needed repairs and maintenance to the building and grounds supervisor.
7. Keep accurate records, track membership and verify individuals who use the facilities.
8. Be prepared to answer questions and provide information regarding the facilities, schedules, and events.
9. Collect and secure fees and communicate fee and usage information with members.
10. Work with other employees to plan, coordinate and carry out community events.
11. Advertise community events and facilitate sign-ups and information.
12. Supervise any volunteers or workers who may fall under your responsibilities.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Please fill out the District application and drop off at the high school office.