Why Choose Thorp Schools?
The Thorp School District employees are sincerely interested in the well-being of the “whole child.” Not only do we want to provide excellence in academics but also strive to acknowledge the emotional, physical, character traits, and life skills that a student should possess to become a successful, contributing member of society.
So what makes our school special?
- A one building campus that houses grades K-12. Students become familiar with the staff and build relationships early on, making the transition from lower grades to higher grades an easier transition.
- Small town values and great community support.
- Diverse, multicultural student body.
- Work-to-school program in a community that supports employing students of all ability levels.
- Differentiated instruction that encompasses all learning levels.
- Dedicated staff members with continuing professional development.
- Integrative technology: 1:1 initiative with one Chromebook for every student, up-to-date and innovative technology in classrooms including Smartboards and iPads.
- Audio distribution systems in all classrooms.
- Foreign language instruction starting at the elementary level to ensure students can hear all classroom instruction.
- Library media centers in the elementary/middle school and high school with a broad collection of print material, access to e-books, and Makerspace technology.
- Variety of electives including Choir, Band, Art, Tech Ed, Agriculture, FACE, and Driver’s Ed.
- Sports programs including Cross Country, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, and Track.
- Student clubs including Forensics, FBLA, FFA, FCA, Mathletes, Drama, Dance Team, Archery, Spanish Club, Student Council, NHS, Ski Club, and Rube Goldberg
- Youth programs such as flag football, volleyball, softball, Whiz Kids, and dance team.
- Afterschool labs, tutoring, and study hall.
- Dual credit courses available for HS students
- Distance learning lab and RVA.
COMING THIS FALL!
- Updated tech ed rooms
- Updated athletic facilities
- School-wide structural and aesthetic upgrades